Dwarka is a paradise for health lovers & fitness seekers. We are lucky to be in Dwarka.There are plenty of options in Dwarka to keep you busy with so many fitness centers, DDA Sports club, so many green parks almost in each sector of Dwarka.
But with such a busy life these days & people are getting caught in mad habit of spending most of their time either in front of television or computers browsing social websites. It requires an innovative thought process & planning to stay fit in limited availability of time.
Drink lot of water:
Keeping your body hydrated is very important. Drinking water every couple of hours is beneficial in keeping your body systems running smoothly. Of course, one would drink more if engaged in a concentrated workout! I don't think the average person drinks enough water; this is something we could all improve on.
Green Tea: Make it part of your Life:
Though it’s more popular in China or Japan, but I am sure there must be some stores in Dwarka who must be stocking Chinese or Japanese tea. You can also try Indian green tea as well.
Take 3 green tea bags and steep them in boiling water. Once steeped pour into a juice pitcher to which you add a teaspoon of honey. Stir together and add some fresh lemon slices. Add some ice cubes to this and refrigerate. Drink this every few hours or as thirst acquires.
Some of the popular benefits of Green tea:
• It is used to treat multiple sclerosis.
• It is used for treatment and prevention of cancer.
• It is used to stop Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s diseases.
• It is used to raise the metabolism and increase fat oxidation.
• It reduces the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks by reducing the risk of thrombosis.
• It reduces the risk of esophageal cancer.
• Drinking green tea inhibits the growth of certain cancer cells, reduces the level of cholesterol in blood, and improves the ratio of good cholesterol to bad cholesterol.
• It is used to treat rheumatoid arthritis and cardiovascular diseases
• It is used to treat impaired immune function. .
• Some researches show that, drinking green tea regularly may help prevent tooth decay by killing the bacteria which causes the dental plaque.
Eat more frequently to stay healthy:
It’s a big myth that eating less or fasting more will help someone stay fit & reduce weight. Especially in India girls reduce their food intake once they find that they are putting on weight. But most of the time that never helps & finally they end up visiting VLCC or some weight control clinics who are making big money out of this.
It’s a very important need especially for Indians to understand how our body functions and how we get fat accumulation in our body. Several studies has proved it again & again that eating less or in larger frequency impacts the metabolic mechanism of body & make your body to work in a hibernated mode to save energy which thus causes less consumption of calories and more accumulation of fat in our bodies as well as also responsible for higher total serum cholesterol levels which is responsible for heart diseases.
Dwarkaites please exercise daily:
First of all we need to convince ourselves why exercising is so important, somehow I have a view that Dwarkaites just should not complaint. They have plenty of green parks & walk ways. I consider regular exercise as an Investment to yourself which is the only thing going to pay off during our old age. So one should make a habit & stick to daily routine. They are so many gyms in Dwarka, sport complex, Swimming Pools, health clubs, Yoga centers. Just join the one which suits you more & fits into your schedule. Here are some other benefits which might help you convince why it is so important.
Now If I had to pick a single factor that I thought was most important in a successful exercise or weight loss program, it would be to exercise first thing in the morning - every morning! Some mornings, you may just be able to fit in a 10 minute walk, but it's important to try to do something every morning.
1. Over 90% of people who exercise regularly & consistetly, exercise in the morning. If you want to exercise consistently, odds are in your favor if you exercise first thing in the morning.
2. When you exercise early in the morning, it kick starts metabolism of your body and keeps it at higher level for hours, sometimes up the entire day! That means you're burning more calories all day long just because you exercised in the morning!
3. When you exercise in the morning you'll be "energized" for the day! Personally, I feel dramatically different on days when I have and haven't exercised in the morning.
4. Many people find that morning exercise "regulates" their appetite for the day - that they aren't as hungry and that they make better food choices. Several people have told me that it puts them in a "healthy mindset."
5. If you exercise at about the same time every morning, and ideally wake-up at about the same time on a regular basis, your body's endocrine system and circadian rhythms adjust to that.Physiologically, some wonderful things begin to happen; A couple of hours *before* you awaken, your body begins to prepare for waking and exercise because it "knows" it's about to happen. Why?
Because it "knows" you do the same thing just about everyday. You benefit from that in several ways..
a) It's MUCH easier to wake-up. When you wake-up at different times everyday, it confuses your body and thus it's never really "prepared" to awaken.
b) Your metabolism and all the hormones involved in activity and exercise begin to elevate while you're sleeping. Thus, you feel more alert, energized, and ready to exercise when you do wake-up.
c) Hormones prepare your body for exercise by regulating blood pressure, heart rate, blood flow to muscles, etc.
6. For many people, that appointed time every morning becomes something they look forward to.
It's time they've set aside to do something good for themselves - to take care of their body, mind, and soul. Many find that it's a great time to think clearly, pray, plan their day, or just relax mentally.
7. Research has demonstrated that exercise increases mental acuity. On average it lasts four to ten hours after exercise! No sense in wasting that brain power while you're sleeping. :)
8. Exercise first thing in the morning is really the only way to assure that something else won't crowd exercise out of your schedule. When your days get hectic, exercise usually takes a back seat!
9. If finding time to exercise is difficult, anyone can get up 30 to 60 minutes earlier to exercise (if it's a priority in your life). If necessary, you can go to sleep a little earlier.
Also, research has demonstrated that people who exercise on a regular basis have a higher quality of sleep and thus require less sleep!
10. You'll feel GREAT! You will find everything around you great. You will enjoy your life. You will make more friends with your positive attitude towards life.